The Imago core tray photography software has been rolled out by globally by three of the mining majors in the last twelve months. The smooth workflow from image capture to viewing in a high performance cloud platform and integration with the popular interpretation tools is compelling.
Over the last year, a consistent message is coming through from the geology leaders of those companies:
“Our core tray images are now used by our geologists to visually validate their work, leading to better analysis and validation of the resource”.
Rio Tinto’s recent Winu discovery announcement: “All the sample intervals were visually verified using high quality core photography through Imago, and some selected samples were taken inside the mineralised interval for optical microscopy by qualified petrologists”.
Other quotes from exploration chiefs:
- “Imago has made our geology process more efficient with deeper insights when combined with the logging data from the geologists.”
- “With Imago, our core tray images quickly became part of our interpretation process. I see geologists throughout our office with Imago open, viewing images as they work.”
- “Highly recommended to any company involved in a significant drill program.”
- “Very useful tool for drill program management in exploration and resource definition.”
- “We are spending less time in the core shed and have greater flexibility in how experts engage with the project.”
According to Imago’s Federico Arboleda, Imago provides a workflow from image capture to high performance viewing in the Imago cloud portal. We advise customers how to improve the quality of images then implement a single click capture tool, auto naming and syncing to the cloud portal. The portal provides high performance viewing and allows geos to retrieve core images instantly while working with their interpretation tools of choice.